When I am traveling for business, I try my best to get to the gym early in the morning or late at night if my time is limited. Exercise helps me fight jet lag, get my blood circulating and helps me fight the stress of constant travel.
I have back issues so Jay Morgan of the Urban Athletic Club works with me to strengthen my body and my back. Weight, rowing and stretching assist me in getting strong. This strength helps me deal with life’s daily stresses.
When it comes to being on the road Jay has given me several programs that I can do on my own in any global gym. The routines are a combination of what I do in my gym at home.
I feel so strongly about exercising because it assists me with my mental health as well. When I exercise it makes me mentally stronger to face all my challenges whether it be family, work or my clients.
I would like to share one of my travel routines which I find very beneficial. The routine is as follows:
- First a warm up of four rounds of a one-minute treadmill walk and a one-minute jump rope for eight minutes.
- Stretch on a foam roller the entire body for a few minutes to get the travel kinks out.
- For strength training- five sets of 10 reps of dumbbell flat chest presses and one arm bent over row at 12 per arm.
- For the circuit-six rounds of 10 ball slam, 20 step ups alternating legs, 15 sit-ups and 15 hammer curls.
- Stretch out on a form roller at the end of the exercise circuit.
I hope you find my travel exercise routine helpful. Please check with your personal physician before trying any new exercise moves. Enjoy!