Few places evoke iconic Paris more to me than the garden of the Palais Royale. I can just spend hours here sitting on a bench or chair looking at the formal garden & fountain and being mesmerized by the stunning architecture. The garden (Jardin) is flanked by 2 arcades that in my opinion house some of the best shopping, dining and coffee sipping in Paris.
Located in the 1st arrondissment near the Louvre and the Jardin Tuleries, the garden provides tranquility, romance and refuge in a bustling city like Paris. Hidden a bit behind the Palais Royale, it is a treat to discover and explore.
Here are some of my favorite attractions in the arcades that flank the garden:
[fancy_list style=”arrow_list” variation=”hotpink”]
- Corto Moteldo designs and carries fantastic bags of all kind. I adore his “SUSAN” clutches. Full details blog post on Corto on my fashion page.
- Gabrielle Geppert has a jewel of a store filled with vintage shoes, bags, clothes & bags by Hermes, Chanel etc. Amazing collection of curated custom jewelry. Gabrielle is a lovely lady always with a smile on her face and full of fashion stories. A MUST visit if you adore vintage like I do!
- Didier Ludot houses some serous vintage couture with prices to match. It is like a museum for vintage clothing. Two store fronts at the Palais Royale.
- Le Grand Vefour is without a doubt one of the best restaurants I have dined in globally! The food, preperation,service and ambience are stellar. It is 230 years old and the décor is museum like. Expensive but worth it for a special treat.
- Rick Owens the American designer has a drop dead store in the arcade which houses his collection of avante garde clothes and accessories.
- Restaurant du Palais Royal is a must to sit and have a café crème on the outdoor terrace overlooking the garden. This is quintessential Paris at its best! The food is delicious as well.
Besides the stores and dining venues I have mentioned above there are so many local retail establishments to explore and adorable cafes to savor a cafe crème and a sumptuous pastry. Go explore, relax, enjoy and discover!