I am fortunate that because of my position I travel a great deal around the globe experiencing so many amazing cultures and locations. Hong Kong has to be one of my favorites because of all the different nationalities & cultures converging on this glistening jewel. As a result, there are so many varied types of food available in Hong Kong at all price levels.
Some of my favorite dining venues in Hong Kong are as follows:
- China Tang created by David Tang is a jewel of a restaurant serving haute Chinese cuisine. A sultry and rich decor with mouthwatering food & libations. Conveniently located in central in the landmark building.
- The Glass House located on the top floor of the IFC shopping Mall this glass structure has stunning views of the Victoria Harbor. Innovative food in a casual but chic open air kitchen concept restaurant. The selections are creative and small options one can share.
- Aqua & Hutong located in Tsim Sha Tsui have a mesmerizing view of Victoria Harbor because of their locations on the 28th & 29Th floors of an office building in Kowloon. Aqua serves more continental food while Hutong specializes in Asian food with a twist. Both restaurants, owned by the same group have a great fun ambience and food to match. Tempting libations to savor the magic of Hong Kong.
- Mott 32 is one of my favorites for modern Chinese food. Farm to table utilizing the freshest ingredients. The food is mostly Cantonese with an infusion of Sichuan. They are known for the duck which has their own special preparation and can be pre-ordered for dinner. The décor is new but traditional at the same time.
- Mandarin Grill is a dining venue if you are serious about your food. With a soothing and elegant décor it is of my favorite restaurants on the globe. The service and presentation are breathtaking. Whether being served a house salad in a pot with the lettuce leaves transformed into a plant or a chocolate dessert with a shovel the interpretation is awe inspiring. Chef Uwe Opocensky does not disappoint in this Michelin stared dining venue. In my opinion a must for anyone visiting Hong Kong.
[fancy_images width=”305″ height=”300″]
[image title=”China Tang” caption=”China Tang”]https://www.fatemehrecommends.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Travel_HK_dining_ChinaTang.jpg[/image]
[image title=”Aqua” caption=”Aqua”]https://www.fatemehrecommends.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Travel_HK_dining_Aqua.jpg[/image]
[image title=”Hutong” caption=”Hutong”]https://www.fatemehrecommends.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Travel_HK_dining_HuTong.jpg[/image]
[image title=”Mott’32′” caption=”Mott’32′”]https://www.fatemehrecommends.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Travel_HK_dining_Mott32.jpg[/image]
[image title=”Mandarin Grill” caption=”Mandarin Grill”]https://www.fatemehrecommends.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Travel_HK_dining_MandarinGrill.jpg[/image]